Monday, September 22, 2008

When you can't sleep

What do you do when you wake up at 2:30 a.m. and sleep eludes you no matter how hard you try to convince your brain it is time to go back to sleep, or rather you plead with your brain, please lets go back to sleep.

So, I get up, open me a Diet Mountain Dew and drag out some embroidery work to work on so maybe I can have it done in time for this weekend's craft show.

We accomplished a whole lot yesterday on moving my 76 year old mother out of this big two story, three bedroom house into a 2 bedroom apartment. There has been so much stuff to divide up between four daughters that I think yesterday just got the best of me and my state of mine.

We have already been working on this for a week, and still have more to go. Now it comes down to that nitty gritty grind, those of you have moved as much as I have know what I am talking about. You don't want to get rid of it, you don't want to really take it with you, so once again, you put it in a box and put it in the attic with all of those other boxes containing unwanted treasures.

Right now, there is just a pathway in my house from all of the "treasures" that have been brought here. But in the long run, it will be worth it, once all of the cleaning and garage has finally been finished.

Keep your fingers crossed we accomplish all of this by the end of the month.

1 comment:

Aunt Jenny said...

You sound like me...can't sleep...then embroider!!!!