Friday, October 3, 2008

Elvis, snakes and Palin


I have been so busy making Elvis pot holders this week for the upcoming craft show this weekend that I have started dreaming about him.

I am not complaining though, since in my dreams he looked like he did in that 1968 comeback special. Now ladies, that was a good lookin man in those days and I keep waking up with a smile on my face.

Dusty called last night asking Mark how to cook snake. YUCK. When Mark found out it was just an old black snake he was wanting to cook he told him he didn't think it would be very good. I called Dusty back to tell him if he needed some money to go to McDonalds to come by and we would give it to him.

Sorry folks, but I have no desire to eat something that the main cuisine is a rodent. We never did hear back from Dusty so I don't know if he had snake for supper or hopefully came to his senses to get a plain old hamburger.

Did you watch the debates last night? I usually don't watch these things as I am not one who is going to argue politics with anyone. I make up my mind, cast my vote and leave the arguing to the commentators as well as the rest of the world who chooses this agenda.

I have to say I was impressed with Palin, a lot more than Biden. Anyone who knows my family knows we are Democrats, have been for a long time, but this November I am not voting the party, I am voting for the person who I believe is going to keep my two sons safe.

Since I now have two sons wearing a military uniform it has made me listen a lot closer to what the candidates are saying. I have to admit, Obama scares the living daylights out of me. McCain, while I know he can identify with our military better than anyone else, I don't want four more years of Bush doctrine.

So I haven't made up my mind yet. I just think Palin should be given credit for a job well done. All day long critics were talking about how she wouldn't be able to hold up against Biden. She not only held up, but I think out did him.

On Nov. 4, I just may write in Hillary for president and pull the lever for Palin for vice president. I just pray God will put the right man into that Oval Office that He wants to lead this Christian nation.

I am off to the Pumpkin Patch with grandkids and camera in hand. Have a good one people.
(The photo is of my grandson eating a hot dog at a craft show in Auburn. Nothing better than a southern festival with hot dogs.)

No comments: